Based on BabyCenter, millennial and Gen-Z parents are naming their offspring after their passions — everything from foods and flavors towards the second generation of Kardashians.
The very best 10 baby names tend to be more traditional, however.
Jackson leads the boys’ list for that sixth year consecutively while Sophia takes the very best place around the girls’ list for that ninth year running, which makes it the last decade-defining reputation for women born within the 2010s.
“Sophia may be the dominant girls’ name from the decade, without any indications of slowing lower,” stated Linda Murray, BabyCenter’s Global Editor in Chief, inside a news release.
“It has worldwide appeal, it’s pronounceable in multiple languages and it is feminine and complicated all at one time. For Jackson, it’s a contemporary twist around the old classic Jack.”
Around the Zen aspect are little girl names like Peace (up 66 percent), Harmony (up 15 %), Rainbow (up 26 %), and Hope (up 10 %). For baby boys, it’s Sea (up 31 percent) and Sky (up 38 percent).
Fortnite, using its 125 million players, has pressed Ramirez up 57 percent in addition to Leviathan (up 46 percent for boys), Bunny (up 30 % for women) and Rogue (up 47 percent for women and 21 percent for boys).
The influence from the Kardashian-Jenner clan on baby women are visible in names like Stormi — Kylie Jenner’s daughter’s name, that is up 63 percent — or Take advantage of Kardashian and Blac Chyna (Dream, their daughter’s name, rose 42 percent). When it comes to boys, Kim and Kanye’s Saint increased 42 percent, and Reign, the Kourtney’s third child, increased 27 percent.
Top Ten girls’ names:
Top Ten boys’ names
Begin to see the full listing of baby names at BabyCenter’s website.
Like WTOP on Facebook and follow @WTOP on Twitter to take part in conversation relating to this article yet others.
© 2018 WTOP. All Legal rights Reserved. This site isn’t meant for users located inside the European Economic Area.
Joe Santagato on 2018's Most Popular Baby Names
- Aesthetic Asshole: Harper- litterly my three year old nieces name… good lord
- emma rose ocana: Suddenly I feel attacked
- superiorone23: Harper is a pretty good name imo. Def. On my top 5.
- Jessica Schuller: Does anyone else remember the video of Joe going on Omegle and he met this kid named Tyler who was the 100% exact stereotype he said about all Tyler’s ? LOL
- Marissa Peterson: My sisters name is Ava and she. Is totally what you said
- justadude: fuck im named benjamin. top 3
- justadude: im a dude but im trans so first dick i saw i was 9 (that i can remember lmao) and first irl dick was like… 14??
- OhshizitsTaylor: Him going in on Taylors cracks me up bc like I'm a lower middle class black girl named Taylor but even I get a lil shocked when I meet another Taylor that isnt like what he described 😂😂
- thelighhtiscomin – ig: i think joe is set in 2009 still 😂😂
- Dash The Coochie Snatcher: i wear 3/4 socks with vans and ofc i have a juul LMFAO